Nuffnang Ads

Monday 1 April 2013

I met double F's.

I met double F's. It was an insane experience. A flasher and a freak.

Here's the story:

On the Sunday (31st March) where I am supposed to meet up with a group of friends to go to church, I had a bumpy walk. As the shuttle from my hostel to KL Sentral did not operate on that day in particular, I had to walk.

The Flasher:
I took the route where it's bustling with people so that I can reduce the chances of being mugged or kidnapped (but walaoeh, took such a "safe" route also can meet a flasher.)

I walked past 7eleven near the monorail station and wala! There was this mentally ill Indian man sitting at the sidewalk with a sarong wrapped around him. Yes yes yes, you can guess what he would do next. He called out to me trying to get my attention. Knowing that he was mentally ill, I deliberately looked away to the other direction avoiding eye contact.. but..at the corner of my eye, I saw him untying his sarong. My footsteps quickened and I zoomed away.


The Freak:
So after I zoomed away, I reached Old Town Kopitiam (opposite YMCA) as that was my waiting destination for my peeps. While I was waiting, I noticed an Indian man (I AM NOT RACIST BUT THIS IS JUST PURE COINCIDENCE) with glasses, a green T-shirt and short khakis carrying a plastic bag filled with Sunkist oranges. He was a pretty neat dressed fellow. He walked past me, turned, and stared at me as he passed. I felt indifferent initially because, hey, lots of people walked past where I stand.

I started to notice him because he started walking to and fro of the sidewalk MANY TIMES (walked from my left, stopped, turned around, walked from my right, stopped, turned around, rinse, wash and repeat for more than 6 times). Every time he walked past me, he would turn to me, stare, and walk ahead again. He even tried making eye contact with me and smiled!! I started to freak out and prayed hard that he won't approach me and that my friends would show up ASAP.

I thought I was being paranoid and that maybe he was just looking at someone behind me and not me. But nope, there was no one around me. THE HORROR. Each time he passes by, he seemed to be coming closer and closer towards me. I was prepared to bail, scream and run! I have to admit, I was pretty terrified. The man finally decided to move ahead with his walking BUT, as he walked ahead he was still staring at me. The further up he went, the more he turned his head and continued to look back at me until he was out of sight.

I was tensed. I kept looking behind me and around me making sure he won't appear anywhere behind me or around me or anywhere near enough to reach out to me and grab me (yes I was that paranoid but I can't help it.)
Thankfully Angeline and the rest appeared shortly after. When we boarded the bus to head to our destination, I made sure to check behind me to confirm that the man wasn't following me and boarding the same bus as well. Otherwise, I think I would've freaked out for real, become hysterical and start grabbing stuff to throw at him or maybe stab him with something and give him a blunt force trauma.

To all you people out there, seriously, be observant of your surroundings and DON'T TRAVEL ALONE.  Get someone to accompany you! I think I am very fortunate to get away with something that might end up ugly. You never know (*shivers*). Thank God and Praise the Lord that I am safe!



1 comment:

  1. Thambypillai Street is such a freak-show hotspot, isn't it? Never liked the place anyway, with the incessant 3am bell prayers. Well, you need to stay on guard within the Brickfields area. Never know when they might strike for real.

    Sigh. The other part of KL that nobody visits... Why don't you write a letter to DBKL since the above cases are considered public nuisances?

    ReplyDelete